Here’s what’s been happening this week:
At The Properties
- Coachella and Stagecoach festival weekends are filling up at top prices
- Crossing December owner statements off of our to-do list
- Sunny, mid-70s weather for our Coachella Valley and Scottsdale guests!
- Not really a “low”, but a big effort this week (and next) was put into thorough walk throughs at each property looking for things that might need a refresh as we head in to peak season in the Coachella Valley. We’ll be doing a lot of touch-up painting on walls, purchasing new linens/towels, etc.
What we hit “publish” on:
Favorite review of the week:
We took some time off from house projects this week as we hosted two of Steven’s high school friends visiting from Iowa. The guys spent most of the week on the golf course (they played a total of 81 holes in 3 days!) and in the hot tub. #just3guyshavinagoodtime
I finalized plans and gathered supplies for the project I hinted about last week which is a diy inspired by this Anthropologie bed.
We have also been working together, behind-the-scenes, on a secret that we’ll be sharing about in the next few weeks. So excited to tell you about this new avenue for Arrivls!
Here are 5 things I’ve been loving this week:
1. Visiting the Living Desert
We have annual passes to The Living Desert and throughout the Fall we were going several times a week (it was a great way to get the kids out of the house while Steven was working on our flooring!). The holiday season was busy, and our visits dwindled, but I took the kids yesterday and we had a great time. It’s one of our favorite places to take visitors of all ages – highly recommended!
2. Kitchen Organization
I bought this ziplock bag organizer as an early Christmas present to myself and, a month later, it still makes me smile every time I open the drawer.
3. Oat Milk Lattes
I’ve been making myself a Caramel Cookie Oat Milk Latte a couple times a week and it’s my new favorite treat. Steven and the kids bought me a Nespresso machine for Christmas (ours is from Costco but this is a good deal if you aren’t a Costco member) and I use these pods (a hostess gift from my mom, yum!!).
4. Birthday Planning + Baby Clips
Vera’s 1st birthday is less than a month away – I can’t even wrap my head around it! We’re in the early stages of planning a little birthday party for her and I think I’ll be ordering these digital invites from Etsy. Search “muted rainbow 1st birthday” on Pinterest and that’s my inspo. 🌈 Also ordering another pack of these hair clips for her current hair-in-her-eyes-but-not-ready-for-a-haircut stage. They’ve become a daily staple!
5. Reading Chapter Books with Nash
Santa brought Nash a box set of Roald Dahl books and I wasn’t sure if he was quite old enough to “get into” chapter books but he LOVES them (for reference, he’s almost 5). We read a couple of chapters every night, and I’m enjoying them just as much as he is!